Friday, April 20, 2012

nomnomnom

If you follow me on Instagram you already know I looove to cook.
I posted a picture of the strawberry-shelled jello shots I made and a few of you asked me for the recipe. So I thought I'd share.


They are really really really delicious (and dangerous because you don't taste the alcohol). The only thing I'd change? I wish I would of made more*! simple & quick. and the worst part? waiting for them to set! 

tips: 
>> alcohol/jello flavor is preference
>> make sure strawberries are large*
>> jello liquid will spill over/out of strawberries (also don't worry if strawberries split when pitting -hence the shot cups!)

Last night (and again on instagram) I posted a picture of the artichokes I made for dinner. 

Super easy to make. Waiting an hour for them to cook- really sucked, but I made some spicy chickpeas to hold me over (my current favorite snack! -- will post recipe too!)

tips:
>> can use lemons from boiling water for the mayo dip
>> the larger the artichoke the better (for obvious consuming reasons)
>> lemon pepper seasoning from trader joe's is ahhhmazing -- I use it on everything (especially because I am trying to avoid seasoning with salt)
>> don't cut stem completely off -- that's the best* part! 
>> you can completely cheat and just use mayo (and add lemon zest & seasonings)

hope you enjoy the recipes if you decide to try either of them! and if you do-- let me know if you-- I'd loooove to hear see how they turned out!!

I am beyond thrilled today is Friday!! We have a packed weekend filled with friends, baseball, wine and oysters.  Tonight we are heading to the Oakland A's game with our mentees (I'm a mentor in the bay area yearup program). Any big weekend plans on your agenda?? 

oxx & happy cooking
ashley

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hahah yes I can definitely see how those shots would be dangerous if you forgot how alcoholic they were!

As for artichokes, I don't think I have EVER seen them for sale here - at least not in a supermarket. Hmmm. o.O

Amber said...

I wanted to stop by and say HI! Found your blog through Raven's, and these shots look amazing!!!!

Have a great night!

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

omgoodness those jealous shots look heavenly and sinful! (no pun intended)